Thursday, January 30, 2014

En dash

"It isn't the date on either end that counts,
but how they used their dash.
For that dash between the dates,
represents all the time they spent alive on earth,
and only those who loved them know,
what that little line is worth."

I've been radio silent for a little bit, as my mother died unexpectedly and suddenly a couple weeks ago. The quote above was mentioned in part by my cousin, and I plan to use my dash by being a bit more open minded, loving, and benevolent in the days, weeks and years to come.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, that is really terrible and my heart goes out to you.

Julie said...

Oh Melinda, I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing a parent is one of the hardest losses to endure. I hope you are doing well, despite it all.